Monday, January 3, 2011

Welcome Photoshop CS5.

New year, new challenge.  Well it's 2011, Happy New Years to all.  I will be posting some of my photo related resolutions later but I have embarked on a new journey.  I finally jumped in the deep end and purchased Photoshop CS5.  While it is certainly an investment it is one I felt I needed to do.  Prior to this I was using PhotoImpact X3 and previous versions back to Ulead.  While I loved this program (and its early roots are tied to PS) it is not the industry standard.  While Photoshop is a beast, everybody uses it and all tuturials are on PS.  This is something I have been putting off doing due to price and the new learning required but if I am going to be serious I need to take the plunge.  I first needed a new PC capable of running this program and I took care of that need in the last few days.  Now I have a new pc and a new program that all require some time to learn and set up. 

This will keep me busy for awhile but should result in better post production pics in the long run.  I'll post more as I learn but wanted to get a new post out there.  Stay tuned for an exciting 2011!!

No comments:

Post a Comment